Briars Country Lodge and Historic Inn has long been part of the fabric of the Southern Highlands dating back to c.1827 when it began as a Coaching Inn, built by William Bowman. After many changes, it became part of SCEGGS school in 1958 -1974 after which it was then purchased and became an Inn once again. The Inn was then renovated in 1979 to provide additional dining space to accompany the intimate bars and private dining rooms within the original inn building. And in the late 1980s, the new luxury accommodation building, gardens and recreational amenities were added.
Many wonderful families have owned the Briars over its history and today we remain a family focussed and run business, offering a variety of dining options including an open plan restaurant, dining beside open fires, numerous private dining rooms, stylish accommodation, a large covered terrace leading out to an open-air deck and extensive gardens and lawns as its surrounds.